Teacher Candidates complete the edTPA while enrolled in Clinical Internships I and II. The edTPA is a performance assessment that meets the following objectives:
- Help candidates develop the confidence and skills they need to be successful in urban, suburban, and rural schools.
- Provide a uniform and evidence-based process that can be used across states to confirm that aspiring teachers demonstrate their readiness for the classroom.
- Measure candidates’ ability to differentiate instruction for diverse learners, including English language learners and special education students.
- Inform teacher licensure and recruitment.
- Provide meaningful and consistent data that can be used to improve and update teacher preparation programs and renew program curriculum.
- Allow states, school districts, and teacher preparation programs to share a common framework for defining and measuring teaching performance.
- Create a body of evidence about teacher performance that will ultimately establish a national standard for relevant and rigorous practice that advances student learning.
Passing Scores for New Jersey
The following passing scores are effective September 1, 2019
(Classical and World Languages)
(All Other Content Areas)